Tuesday, July 30, 2019

29A - Venture Concept No. 2

The factors that are creating this opportunity are the increased usage of technology and cell phones. Almost everyone is carrying a cell phone with them when they go out somewhere. People rely on communicating with each other through texting. This market is located all over the world. Even people who are less well-off own a cell phone, but not a smart phone.
People need a place to put their phone when they use a public restroom. Women’s clothing in particular does not always have pockets and therefore they do not have a place to store their phone. Women have purses to put their phone in but sometimes they want to keep their phone within arm’s reach.  This window of opportunity will be open for quite some time as I do not see cell phones fading out anytime soon.
The product I have designed is a pocket holder designed to hold your cell phone while in a public restroom. The pocket holder will be placed on the side of the stall opposite the toilet paper dispenser. The pocket will be big enough to hold any type of phone and even keys. The holder will be within arm’s reach in case you need to use your phone while in the restroom. And if you use it you can easily put it back.
There will be wipes attached to the side of the holder so you can wipe off the holder and your phone if you want it stay more sanitary. Public restrooms are actually pretty clean as many having a cleaning staff come in often.  People are already bringing their phones into the bathroom; it might as well be in a secure area.
I believe people would use this product because it is something they never knew they needed. It would not be hard for them to switch because they are not switching from anything, it would just be something extra for them to use. People can switch from placing their phone random places in the bathroom to putting it somewhere secure.
It would be crucial for my idea to be distributed to lots of different locations. The more places it could be tested out, the more places it will be discovered. It is important for the customers and users to be satisfied to help my business idea get patented. My product would have to pass all regulations.
The most important part of the business would be the distribution and the location. I have learned that I was not very specific in what public restrooms I would put my product in. There would then be the people who would have to set them up in the public restrooms. To start off I would have a handful of employees to see how production and assembly would be handled. Once I see how things operate I will get more people to help team up with me.
I have a patent lawyer on my team that will help me get my product through the process of becoming a real thing. The social capital I have will be crucial to helping create my business plan. She has already been able to teach me a lot and she has the knowledge to help me get my idea where I want it to be.
The next business idea I have is creating an app. My current customers already all have cell phones so the current customers would still be the audience I am targeting. I am not sure exactly what app I want to create, but I have been brainstorming a variety of different ideas to possibly to start with.
In the next five years I want to become a lawyer. I do not see myself being an entrepreneur for the rest of my life. I feel as though that life would be draining and I do not want it to be my career. I could see myself doing something on the side if I have the time.


Nothing has really changed except for I never really narrowed down what type of public restroom I would put my product in. There are so many different types, such a single stalls, multiple stalls, and different settings. I think if I put in in places where people normally do not have bags such as; night clubs, rest areas, and gas stations, it would have better results.

Image result for innovation

No comments:

Post a Comment